Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Therefore Go

It is such a blessing to be here in Swaziland. I always love those moments in life when you look at where your life has come to and you have to ponder why God chose you to be so blessed and so fortunate. Any time I get to go to a new place, I feel like that. I have now been here for over a month and a half, and have partnered with some great ministries and met amazing men and women of God. During my time here, I have also seen so many areas that I would love to get involved with. There have been brief outlines of ministries that I would want to help start or serve, but then my time limit pops the thought bubble in my head. I only have 6 weeks left here, not enough time to get most of my projects done. I could very easily see myself plant down some roots in Swaziland and pour myself into this country and these people, but it is just not God’s calling for me at this time, and so I just dream.

Last Sunday morning’s church service at Hawane CLC was a bright light shining through the clouds of time that are limiting me. Pastor Augustine preached a wonderful message about going, challenging the congregation that they should go to their neighbors, families, and coworkers to share the Good News that they have received. At the end of the service, people came forward to make a commitment to God that they would go. I saw some of the teenagers from the homes at Hawane Farm go forward, and my eyes began to get wet. As I watched over 20 people walk forward, I had to worship God. He is so good. There, at the front of the church, where the men, women, and young adults that will follow through with not only my dreams for their country, but better yet their own. They will reach the people that I would never be able to reach, even if I remained here for the rest of my life.

In Matthew 28:18-20, Jesus said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." If He calls us to go to another nation to make disciples, we must follow His lead and go. We will be blessed for it. However, we must remember that much of the time He is calling us to make disciples in our own nation, in our own city, on our own streets. For this, we will also be blessed. As these Swazis go forth to their neighbors and the community of Hawane, preaching the Good News and helping the sick, poor, widows, and orphans, He will be with them and they will become more like Him. So to, as you go forth to your neighbors and your city, Christ will go with you and you will become more like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment