Monday, May 25, 2009

My successes...

For those of you who really know me well, you know that I like to cook and bake. In fact, one of my favorite things to do is to cook or bake for other people. So when I was told before coming to Swaziland not to get my hopes up to high about doing either of these, I was pretty disappointed. I mean, how can I move somewhere new and not bake a cheesecake for people?

Today, I have one thing to say "Fear not!" Yes, that is right, I am mastering the skill of cooking and baking in Swaziland. To date my accomplishments include:

hummus
chicken shawarma
tortillas
tacos
honey ginger stir fry
pizza
chocolate chip cookies
brownies
peanut butter chocolate cheesecake

I have decided that even if I were living in a mud and stick home, I would probably work out some way of being able to bake and cook. I have even imagined my lovely mud oven!!!

1 comment:

  1. only you julie. i want to come get my hand slapped for dipping into the cookie dough. you know you love me when you even miss THAT.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete